How to Import Private Key into Metamask and Continue Using Morpher
- Get Metamask and create a Metamask account.
- Once you have created a Metamask account, click the Menu button and select 'Import Wallet'.
- Select JSON from the dropdown, upload the private key file you got from Fortmatic.
- Once this is complete, you will be able to continue to use your same wallet on Morpher.
- If you are logged into Morpher, first log out. Click "Select Different Wallet' on the Login page and choose Metamask.
- If you still have trouble contact firstname.lastname@example.org, that's the right place to get this resolved.
A note on Uniswap
NelsonKamau Correct, the token is not listed yet. You will be notified in community and via email when it is scheduled to list. Some people just don't actually read what we post.
We can only recommend the usage of the official Uniswap app, anything else can be unsafe. The official Uniswap app does not ask for private keys, and you can use the same exact wallet you use on Morpher by clicking Fortmatic in the wallet options.
However, our token is not listed on Uniswap yet! All withdrawal/deposit functionality will be added right into Morpher app. There is 0 reason for non-educated crypto users to use Uniswap right now, it won't help you sell faster.
For future reference on private keys:
- Be extremely careful with your private key! This allows anyone to control your wallet in perpetuity, please be extremely careful where you store or enter your private key.
- If you export your private key from Fortmatic (the wallet most people use on Morpher), you will no longer be able to access it. Fortmatic closes your account if you export the key - nothing we can do about that.
Piotrrek Sorry to hear that. No one has been ignoring your comments, we moved it out of the summer update post because it's a different topic. I must say your extreme rush and anxiety to sell your Morpher tokens as soon as possible is not appreciated. No one is taking them away. It's also likely this irrational rush has been the cause of your issues.