Hello Traders !
You might have recently received an invitation to start trading your tokens on our platform and we are thrilled to have you all start navigating the global financial markets with us.
We've come to realize that a lot of you may not have that much experience trading, which is why we want to create this thread.
Here you can:
- Ask questions about trading, answering them together with others in the community.
- Share your favorite resources for learning about trading different markets.
- Discuss different trends and strategies that you're using.
- Share your experience trading on Morpher in a way that would be valuable to a newcomer.
- When sharing useful resources, please cite any relationship you have to them. It's ok if you want to share your financial blog, or even your Signals Telegram page, however you must clearly disclaim: "this is my page". Do not share links that are behind your paywall - this is not a place to blatantly promote.
- Be respectful to yourself and to others. The world of financial markets is one of many conflicting opinions - that's what makes it interesting. Do not blatantly dismiss other people's thought and believes. Some people trade on fundamentals, others rely on technical analysis.
- Try to contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way. This means using complete sentences and not just leaving a comment saying "hello". One word posts that do not relate at all to the discussion will be removed without warning.
- When sharing a useful resource try and weigh in on why you find it useful. To many people opening up a website that is just a series of tables and charts might be overwhelming if they don't know what they're looking for.
- Only English. We have a diverse community of users, so let's try and understand each other. We have nothing against you starting another topic if you only want to chat in Russian, but this is not the place.
- This is not a support thread for trading issues. You can take those up with firstname.lastname@example.org or in the Support Thread.
I'll start things off by sharing some resources I think might be useful:
Investing.com Economic Calendar - Useful for everyone pursuing macro plays. Here you will find an overview of important upcoming global events, as well as the publication times for economic statistics such as CPI, GDP, and Unemployment. This is crucial for anyone trading the FX markets.
Earnings Whisper - For those that like to trade around company reporting dates, this website can help you keep track of when companies report their financial results. You can always expect increased volatility around reporting dates (and especially right after). Morpher's ability to trade in the pre-market allows you to position yourself more effectively following an announcement. Take a look, you might find some interesting setups for trades.
Morpher Blog - Yes ! We have a blog! While we haven't added anything new in a while (been busy with the launch) you can find a lot of great information there regarding the different ways that you can leverage Morpher's features to up your trading game. Disclosure: I write a lot of the posts.
StockTwits - If you're a really active trader then you might like this website. It's like Twitter, but for traders. You follow tickers and see what other people are saying about them, and can get a good assessment of the sentiment of retail investors. The quality of the content can vary, but it's nice to stay in the loop.
How to Pick a Stock - Investopedia - Let's not get into the argument of whether stock picking works, or active vs passive investing. If you want to know the basics of selecting stocks for your portfolio take a look at that article.
Morpher Guide - Here you can find some more details for questions you may have about trading on Morpher specifically, such as order types, leverage, etc. We plan on expanding this guide in the coming weeks to include a lot more information, so keep checking back.
I come from a background in FX and equity trading, so don't really have any nice resources to provide for daytrading cryptocurrency. I would be really interested to see what you guys can come up with.